Queen Margaret Academy is a Catholic School based on the person of Christ and the Values of the Gospel. Those who are Baptised are invited to become more Christ like. Everyone in the school community is valued and has a contribution to make to the ethos of the school. To these ends we will:
- Ensure that all pupils are treated as unique individuals, equal in the sight of God, with all the rights, liberty and dignity of humankind, irrespective of gender and ethnic origin, while acknowledging a particular obligation to the disadvantaged of our community.
- Provide conditions and experiences which promote the spiritual, moral, physical, social and intellectual development of pupils.
- Develop an active partnership of home, school, parish and community.
- Provide a curriculum characterised by the highest standards of teaching and learning and designed to meet the needs and abilities of all pupils.
- Encourage a sense of shared purpose and concern and work to establish a school community characterised by mutual respect for all its members.
- Provide opportunities for prayer and worship.
- Provide attractive and well-kept physical surroundings and encourage pupils to respect and take care of their “school-home”.
- Ensure that the curriculum prepares pupils for the challenges and responsibilities of adult life and empowers them to act in a Christian manner for the benefit of others.